Let there be light this Christmas time
Christmas lights have come a long way since the days of bulbs blowing, the lights going out and the frustration of having to find which bulbs to replace.
From micro-lights to connectables, dioramas to characterful creatures we’ve got a range of indoor and outdoor lighting designs which will help make it easier than ever to create the display of your dreams!
Benefits of LED
All our Christmas lights here at Bents incorporate non-replaceable LEDs rather than traditional filament or incandescent bulbs, which are perfect because, unlike traditional bulbs, they have nothing inside to break so are far less likely to be damaged. And LEDs are also more energy efficient than traditional filament bulbs. They use around 90% less power and have a longer lifespan so you can enjoy them year after year.
- Microlights. As the name suggests, micro lights are tiny. But whilst the bulbs might be little, they are big on impact and can bring sparkle to your tree, Christmas table, door decorations and festive wreaths to name but a few ideas.
- Connectables. Great for inside and out, connectables are an easy way to create a spectacular display from just one plug socket. Our SnowTime collection allows you to connect up to 5000 lights, all long lasting, durable and energy efficient.
- Beautiful 3D lights, which can be used anywhere in the house, creating a soft glow for windowsills, side tables and mantles. A great way to add atmosphere to any room without making it too bright.
- Christmas Characters. Perfect for adding some festive cheer to your garden, our pre-lit Christmas characters include a friendly snowman, cheerful penguins and a charming mother and her baby reindeer.
Top Safety Tips
- First on the Christmas safety list is to only ever use lights that are specifically made for the outdoors. Never use indoor lighting outside.
- Always read and follow the instructions and never attempt to repair faulty lights…always replace them and if in doubt ask one of our lighting experts
- Make sure your Christmas lights are plugged indoors, or outdoors only if in a fully weatherproof socket.
- Check your Christmas lights are not damaged or broken before use and look out for loose wires. Luckily LED lights have nothing inside to break, so hopefully everything should still be in full working order.
- If your lights do use traditional filament bulbs make sure you only use replacement bulbs of the same type and rating as those originally supplied with the lights.
- If your Christmas lights are broken then do not attempt to change any bulbs whilst they are still connected to the supply
- Never attempt to connect different types of lights. If you do need longer lengths then our connectables range provides the perfect opportunity to combine different types of lights such as ropes and icicle lights in one display.
- Try to avoid the use of extension leads and adapters and don’t overload sockets…again, the connectable are a great option for longer lengths.
- And finally, keep lights away from flammable decorations and materials that can burn easily
And don’t forget that it’s important to have someone with you when you’re putting up your lights …especially if you need to use a ladder.
If you’ve got any questions on Christmas light safety or want some new ideas for decorating your home then why not chat to someone from our lighting department. Our team is always on hand to answer any questions you might have.