Chicken, Kale & Sprout Stir-Fry
A quick, easy and healthy meal for the whole family to enjoy . . .
- 100g noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lean chicken breasts, skin removed and sliced into thin strips
- 25g piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Handful brussels sprout, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine or white wine vinegar
- Zest and juice 1 lime
Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat a large wok or frying pan and add the kale along with a good splash of water and cook for 1-2 mins until wilted, with a little bite remaining, then cool under running water to keep the colour.
Add half the oil and cook the chicken strips until browned, then remove and set aside. Heat the remaining oil and fry the ginger, pepper and sprouts until softened a little. Return the chicken and kale and add the noodles.
Tip in the soy, rice wine and lime zest and juice along with enough water to create a sauce that clings to the ingredients. Serve immediately.