Our commitment to you; Coronavirus update
CORONAVIRUS – WHAT WE’RE DOING – UPDATE
We have been working very hard during the last few weeks creating a safe and secure shopping environment at Bents for our colleagues and customers, and you thankfully have been telling us just how much you have enjoyed it and how safe you have felt.
So from Thursday 14th May, following the recent government guidance and the understanding of the importance of gardens and outdoor spaces for our physical and mental well-being, we will be safely reopening up the rest of our store. This is with the exception of our dining areas and entertainment attractions.
We have adapted our centre and processes to make sure we’re meeting the government social distancing guidelines, these include:
• There will be just two entrance and exits and our friendly security guards will be there for you with a clean trolley at the entrance
• To help inform you of the guidelines and to control the number of customers entering the centre – we’re encouraging no more than two people to shop together at the moment please.
• In addition to our cleaning stations we have added extra signage inside and outside of our store to help advise you on, amongst other things, of our new one-way system.
• And as we did in our food hall screens have been added to each till bank and we asking customers to pay on card where they can.
You can also still click and collect online or use on online new food order and collect service if you prefer to minimise contact as much as possible. And we are still offering a range of products in-store and online, available for home delivery.
Dining re-opening | Thursday 9th July
The Fresh Approach Restaurant, Caffe nel Verde and Bents’ Pet Café will also be re-opening on Thursday 9th July, and whilst we will be operating to strict guidelines in line with the latest government guidance, we will once again be serving home-made favourites such as Bents’ soup selections, freshly prepared sandwiches, daily hot dishes, a choice of breakfasts as well as homebakes, cakes and a wide range of hot and cold drinks.
On arrival customers will be shown to a table, which will be clearly labelled to indicate it has been fully cleaned from previous use, handed a brand-new menu (disposed of after use) and orders will be taken. Meals will be delivered direct to the table where diners can enjoy their meal.
Customers will have to be members of our be inspired privilege club (which can be easily signed up to in store) and greeters will scan membership cards to help support test and trace strategies. We will continue to limit the number of people in store, including those visiting the dining destinations, to ensure social distancing measures can be successfully achieved.
Our new Coffee Huts, located next to both entrances, will continue to serve a range of drinks and breakfast items, sandwiches and freshly made gelato, and plans are being put in place to introduce a similar quick service option within our Open Skies Glass House.
We will continue to monitor and operate in accordance with Government guidance, but the latest steps are another exciting addition to life at Bents.
What to expect in the restaurants:
- Customers will be provided with a disposable menu
- be inspired cards will be scanned for test and trace purposes
- A colleague will show customers to a table and take all orders
- Fresh cutlery will be supplied in a sealed pack
- Condiments will be brought to tables on request
- Orders will be brought to the table
- Contactless card payment will also be taken at the table
- Bents colleagues are receiving full training on all new procedures
- Hand sanitiser will be used before and after visits to tables
- Tables and chairs will be cleared and sanitised after every use
- Menus will be disposed of after each use
From our Family to yours we wants to thank you in advance for your patience and your support throughout this situation.