Kent & Stowe Stainless Steel Border Fork
A traditionally styled, high-quality Kent & Stowe Border Fork made from stainless steel and beautiful ash wood. Featuring an extended shank for improved strength, as well as having a larger tread edge for added comfort.
- High-quality stainless-steel head
- Handle made from beautiful ash wood split to form a traditional YD
- Extended shank for improved strength
- Larger tread edge for added digging comfort
- Excellent rust resistance and minimum soil adhesion
- Smoothed rivets for comfort in use
- Weight performance above UK standards
- Ideal for use in borders and beds
- For cultivation, soil turning and improved drainage
- Push down into the soil using the foot plate
- Keep a straight back at all times
- Try not to bend too far over the tool
- The spade should leverage the soil with minimal effort
- L 104cm
How to maintain and care for your Garden Tools
It is very important to take proper care of your garden tool so that it continues to perform at its peak. Do not leave your tool outside, always store it away after use in a dry environment. Even in dry weather conditions your tools, if left outside, are exposed to moisture from wet grass and dew.
Cleaning and drying your garden tools will keep them in good working order. Always remove all of the soil from your digging tools after each use by washing the dirt off.
Never put your tools away wet. Allow them to dry completely before storing to prevent rusting and handle rot. For all wood handled tools apply a light coating of boiled linseed oil to help prevent the wood from drying out and cracking. If a wooden handle is very dirty, remove as much of the soil as possible with a stiff brush. If you need to use water, gently wet the handle with a damp cloth, making sure that you don’t soak the wood, as this may cause the grain to lift and the handle to swell.
Thoroughly clean any tools which have been used for chemical applications. Fertilisers and other chemicals will rapidly corrode any metal.
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available